After labour our midwife will pass by a number of times to carry out specific assessments and check ups. During these visits, midwives will pay attention to the following:
The mother’s recovery. Here we observe:
- the amount of blood loss
- the position of the uterus
- if you have had to have stitches, we will observe the wound and remove the stitches between the 6th and 8th days
- possible breast-related problems
- physical and emotional condition
The baby’s health. Here we observe:
- does your baby drink properly
- does the baby pees and poops sufficiently
- is the baby’s colour healthy?
At the final check up we consider the maternity period at an end. We will then focus on other subjects such as birth control and future assessments.