Dear expectant mother and partner,
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit home for many of us. Our team of midwives are closely following the instructions of the KNOV and the RIVM to prevent the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible. We strictly comply with all hygiene measures as instructed by the RIVM. 1
For the safety of our patients and staff, we request you to do the following:
- Appointments have resumed normal scheduling.
- Your partner or spouse is permitted to accompany you to a regular check-up and the diagnostic ultrasound procedure. It is still required for your spouse or partner to keep a distance of 1.5 meter from the midwife. At this time, children are not permitted.
- The preference is for you to come unaccompanied.
- Gender ultrasound and 3D-4D keepsake “fun” ultrasound are offered again.
- Antenatal and breastfeeding courses are available online. To register, you can call 010-4568369 or email assistent@
- Please cancel your appointment if you are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or have a fever of 38°C and higher. Please contact your General Practitioner or the GGD for further instructions and keep us informed.
- We are commited to minimize your time spent in the waiting room. If preferred, waiting outside is acceptable after checking in with the assistant.
- The Birthing Centers and Hospitals have Visitor Restrictions.2,3 At this time, only one Designated Visitor is permitted during labour.
- Home delivery is still permitted if your situation allows. Please request the midwives for further instructions and restrictions on home delivery.
- The Hospitals and Birthing Centers have sufficient rooms to assist mothers in labour.
- The midwife will do a home-visit on the day after delivery or discharge.
- The heel stick will be done 3-5 days post-delivery by the midwife.
- During our visits, we will keep a careful distance of 1.5 m.
- Additional home-visits and consultations will be done by phone. If necessary, the midwife will come in person.
- Please limit visitors.
- Post-natal check-ups have resumed normal scheduling in the practice.
You are welcome to set an appointment for an Intrauterine Device (IUD) or implant. In addition, we prescribe the oral contraceptive pill.
Up-to-date information on pregnancy and the COVID-19 virus: https://allesoverzwanger.nl/veel-gestelde-vragen-over-het-coronavirus/
We strive to provide you with excellent care and are available to answer your questions and/or concerns at any time. Take care of your health and live a healthy life-style. Lastly, follow the instructions of the midwives and the RIVM closely.
Your team of midwives at Verloskundigen Rotterdam West