Dear expectant mom and partner,
The coronavirus has hit home for many of us. Our team of midwives are closely following the instructions of the KNOV and the RIVM to prevent the spread of the coronavirus as much as possible.
At this moment, there is no evidence that the coronavirus affects a pregnant woman more than any other individual.
The first baby, whose mother had the coronavirus, was born. The baby is healthy and uninfected.
We strictly comply with all hygienic measures as instructed by the RIVM.
For everyone’s safety, we would ask you to comply with the following:
- We will call prior to your appointment to answer your questions and provide information. Please keep your phone within reach.
- Please do not come to the practice if you are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or have a fever. Please contact your general practitioner or the GGD and keep us informed.
- Please come alone to your appointment. Translation can be done by telephone call.
- We do our best to minimize your time spent in the waiting room. Once the assistant knows you are here you can wait outside, if you prefer.
- At the check-up, we only check the blood pressure, your weight and listen to the baby’s heartbeat. If necessary, a blood sample and/or an ultrasound will be done.
- According to regulations, there will be less frequent check-ups. If there is a medical indication, you will receive the necessary check-ups.
- We expect our practice to get a higher call volume. Please understand if your call is placed on hold.
- An emergency plan is being drawn up for the area. Emergency care will always be our first priority. We ask for your understanding if your appointment needs to be rescheduled.
- Delivering in birthing centers and hospitals remains the same. Only one other person can be present during the delivery.
- If your home situation allows, delivering at home is still possible. Provide a hygienic environment, sufficient disinfectant soap and gloves. Make sure that your other children are not at home. There may be one other adult present during the delivery.
- We will call in the morning for the check-up and discuss as much as possible by phone.
- We will visit on the second and fourth day to do the check-ups and perform the heel prick.
- All other check-ups will be done by phone, if possible. If there is a medical indication we will visit you.
- Please limit visitors who would like to visit you and the baby as much as possible.
We will do everything in our power to ensure a safe pregnancy. We are always available for any questions or concerns you may have. Take care of yourself. Live a healthy lifestyle and carefully follow the instructions of the midwife and the RIVM.
Your team of midwives at Verloskundigen Rotterdam West