Update: 6 Oct 2020
Dear expectant mother and partner,
Due to the increase of positive COVID-19 cases in Rotterdam, we have tightened our safety measures.
Please cancel your appointment if you experience the following symptoms or situations:
- common cold symptoms
- fever / elevated temperature
- coughing / sneezing
- sore throat
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- sudden onset of fatigue
- new loss of taste and/or smell
- pain behind the eyes
- muscle strain
- recent contact with a positive (or suspected) COVID-19 infected individual
If you experience COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your general physicians or the GGD for testing.
GGD Rotterdam COVID-19 Hotline: 0800-1202
For the safety of our patients and staff, we request you to do the following:
- Wear a mask in the practice.
- Come to your appointment alone, or with no more than one person accompanying you.
- Do not bring an accompaniment that is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Do not bring children to your appointment.
- Keep 1.5m distance inside the practice, including the waiting room.
- If possible, we will make examination room 2 available as an additional waiting room.
- We strive to keep wait times short. In case of full waiting rooms, you may wait outside or in your car. Please check in with the assistants first.
- Sanitize your hands at arrival with hand sanitizer that’s available at the practice assistants.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after using the restrooms.
- During the ultrasound and consult appointments, you are permitted to video call with your partner.
- To prevent full waiting rooms, we request you to not come early but on time.
- If you have an appointment in Spangen (PC Hooftplein), you are required to wear a mask.
Our team of midwives are closely following the national COVID-19 guidelines and spread prevention:
- Our team will wear face masks.
- Examination tables and surfaces are cleaned after every appointment with 70% alcohol.
- The restrooms are cleaned daily.
- All rooms have plexiglass splash guards installed on the desks.
- All appointments can continue normal scheduling.
- Gender reveal ultrasounds and 3D-4D keepsake “fun” ultrasounds will continue.
- Antenatal and breastfeeding courses are available online. To register, please call 010-4568369 or email email@example.com.
- Up-to-date information on pregnancy and the COVID-19 virus can be found at: https://allesoverzwanger.nl/veel-gestelde-vragen-over-het-coronavirus/
- The Birthing Centers and Hospitals have Visitor Restrictions.2,3 At this time, only one Designated Visitor is permitted during labour.
- Home delivery is still permitted if your situation allows. Please request the midwives for further instructions and restrictions on home delivery.
- The Hospitals and Birthing Centers have sufficient rooms to assist mothers in labour.
- The midwife will do a home-visit on the day after delivery or discharge.
- The heel stick will be done 3-5 days post-delivery by the midwife.
- During our visits, we will keep a careful distance of 1.5 m.
- Additional home-visits and consultations will be done by phone. If necessary, the midwife will come in person.
- Please limit visitors.
- Post-natal check-ups have resumed normal scheduling in the practice.
- You are welcome to set an appointment for an Intrauterine Device (IUD) or implant. In addition, we prescribe the oral contraceptive pill.
We strive to provide you with excellent care and are available to answer your questions and/or concerns at any time. Take care of your health and live a healthy life-style. Lastly, follow the instructions of the midwives and the RIVM closely.
Your team of midwives at Verloskundigen Rotterdam West